GLORIA GIGI FORD
Gloria “Gigi” Ford has dedicated her career to helping women suffering from hair loss find non-surgical solutions and creative, undetectable hair prosthesis. Her greatest passion is working with the American Cancer Society, The Alopecia Foundation and the Trichotillomania Foundation.
Gigi travels the world educating cosmetologists, researching new techniques and exploring base design. She is an internationally renowned educator and expert in hair styling, hair replacement, consulting, product/project development, program planning and training curriculum and design. She has designed prosthesis for New Concept Hair Goods and Onrite.
Gigi holds a Master’s Degree in Cosmetology with the National Beauty Culture League. She has traveled to Hong Kong, China, Korea and Indonesia to study hair prosthesis design. She has also studied in the UK at Vidal Sassoon in Hair Cutting. Now she tours the U.S. training future and experienced hair prosthesis specialists in the correct process of non-surgical hair replacement and the theory behind it. She also helps specialists start their own businesses in hair replacement.
Gigi’s hair prosthesis education materials include instructional books, audio books, videos and business programs. Her book, “Don’t Lose Your Clients Because They Are Losing Their Hair” is a step-by-step educational guide in hair replacement. Gigi has also authored educational books such as, "All About Insurance Nonsurgical Hair Replacement Medical Edition", “The Business”, “The Business Plan”, “What To Say & How To Say It” and her newly published textbook “Hair Replacement The Curriculum” which can all be purchased on her website. She wrote her new book as a gift to the industry and to empower the next generation of designers. It is a compilation of over thirty years of education, training, research, and experience.
In spite of Ms. Ford’s hectic schedule, her established non-profit organization “Locks To Give” is very high on her list of priorities.
- American Cancer Society Cosmetic
- American Hair Loss Council
- Hair Replacement Academy
- International Hair Goods, Inc. – Development Center (Paramedical Support and Cranial Prosthesis)
- The Vidal Sasson Academy – London, England
- Licensed Cosmetologist
- Certificate for Mega Hair Extensions
- Certificate for New Man Attachments
- Certificate for Hair Weave- Christina’s System of Hair Weave
- Advanced Trainer for Customized Seminars
CERTIFIED REPRESENTATIVE FOR
- Reallusion and Taylormade Hair Systems
- Educator for New Concept Hair Goods
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATION
- Alopecia Foundation
- American Hair Loss Council
- National Beauty Culturist League, Inc.
- Pacific Coast State Cosmetologist Association
- California Cosmetologist Association
- American Cancer Society
- Certified Representative: True Hair 3D Scanning
- Certified Representative: On Right
- Educator and Presenter For Industry Recognized Beauty Shows: Bonner Brothers, Premiere, and New Image